Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Trip to the Ageas Bowl - Hampshire Cricket Club


 
 
My food turned a somersault in my stomach as we wriggled over a bump. Cautiously, we turned into a road and I spotted a massive building with the words Ageas Bowl. I felt a sudden pang. We were here! A smile crept across my face. In awe, we stepped out of the minibus gazing. Emily, who was our guide, lead us into a colourful room with glistening light bulbs flashing, pictures on walls along with facts and a huge television showing a trailer about the Ageas Bowl. My head was brimming with different questions to ask Emily. My hand shot up every time whilst a gap in my head was waiting to be filled with information. After ending our task, we quietly tip toed through the  café and up the steep steps until we reached the court. Despite the fact that we had been before our jaws dropped at the size of the cricket pitch. My eyes burst. A hand tapped me on the shoulder telling me to keep up. Finally, we came to the net where we were going to play a mixture of activities in groups of four. After that, we swapped guides; instead we had an old cricket player who used to play on the ground. Although he could see that we were bursting to ask questions we couldn’t ask any because we wanted to get through the whole fun day without having to miss anything. I sighed mournfully. We separated into groups and were told to sit down on a rough mat running down to both edges of the tent whilst we politely listened to him explaining our task.

Of course this was learning. However, this was fun learning and we enjoyed it. Excitedly, we rushed round to each of the activities laughing and chatting.
We were having a great day and it was all about to finish with a thank you to Emily and Chris for their kindness. Bubbling with excitement, we walked back into the minibus heading back to school, overflowing with knowledge to fill our parents. We had had a wonderful fun learning day out of school and were extremely happy when we returned.

Lauryn
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment